Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Painted Built-ins

I am so embarrassed at how long it has been since I've last blogged.  I hate to say it, but instagram is just so much easier.  I promise (hope) to get better!

One of the projects I've been working on is an office design for a local client here in Louisville who recently moved into a new home over the summer.  When discussing ideas for their home office, we agreed that built-ins were a great way to increase the cozy factor and inject a sophisticated library feel!

My client also wanted the office to have a slight masculine feel since her husband will most likely be using the office, so we ended up painting the built-ins a beautiful, rich navy color.  See below.



It was a bit of struggle for her to agree to shaker style cabinetry because she wanted a more traditional look, but I'm so happy she went along with my suggestion.  They look great and we will be installing brass hardware pulls and knobs.

We plan on painting the walls a light sage green and we will be using her current desk and club chair.  The plan now is to install new window treatments and an area rug.  Below is the design board.


I think we are down to selecting the final choice of the rug (different from what is pictured), but stop by tomorrow and I'll share some of my top finds for modern vintage rugs.  


2 comments:

  1. Love the design, and the builtins looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photo Retouching is one of the most impressive services in photo editing. It helps to bring a positive vibe and look on the photos. Most of the end-level users are in great needs of Photo Retouching Services. But you need to be careful while selecting the best one.
    pakistani wholesale salwar kameez ,
    wholesale pakistani salwar kameez online ,

    ReplyDelete